Seam Treatment for July
Rita Goff © 2004
Using Belding Corticelli Silk Buttonhole Twist thread, I did this seam treatment as follows:
- Using an outline stitch, I made the half circles.
- At the middle of the concave area of these half circles, I added three bullion lazy daisy stitches.... the middle one has seven wraps and the two sides ones have five.
- A French knot with four wraps was placed at the base of these three bullion lazy
- At the peak of these half circles, I again added the same bullion lazy daisy stitches as below in step two, but these were placed a little higher from the peak.
- Two straight stitches of different lengths were added in the space between the three bullion lazy daisies and the peak of the half circles.
- A French knot with four wraps was added at the base of the straight stitches.
I hope you enjoy this seam treatment and will send pictures when you use it.