I was playing with motif ideas and I started out wanting to create an
aster or a daisy, then I came up with this funky little fantasy flower and
decided I liked it.
- Size 11 seed beads or size 12 Delicas or Japanese seed beads
- Green for the stem
- Gold for the eye
- Any color for the petals
- Nylon beading thread
- Beading needle, sharp or between, Size 10-12 depending on the
- Refer to the diagram above for bead count placement.
- Using the
3-bead back stitch or other bead embroidery stitch, create the stem of
the flower first. It is important to find the method that is most
comfortable for you.
- Next, work the center attaching the beads individually using the seed
stitch to fill in the space.
- Work each of the petals as a line of beaded embroidery, using the
method of your choice.